As a loving pet owner, you want the best for your animal companions. While the idea of pet surgery might make you anxious, our animal hospital in White House offers experienced veterinarians, assistants and technicians to provide the safest possible surgeries for every patient. We understand that you may have a number of pressing questions about the procedure and what to expect during your pet’s recovery. Furthermore, you will likely want to know about costs, follow-up care, and pain management. Our team is here to give you the answers you need to feel confident about your decision and the level of care your pet will receive.
Dog & Cat Surgical Services
Orchard Park Animal Hospital is equipped to provide a wide range of soft tissue surgeries for dogs and cats. These include:
- Routine spay and neuter
- Mass removal
- Foreign body removal
- Exploratory surgery
- Bladder stone removal (cystotomy)
- Wound repair
- …and more
Pre-surgical Care and Monitoring
Ensuring that your pet remains safe and comfortable before, during and after their surgery is our highest priority. We take the following steps to keep our patients stable and pain-free throughout their procedure:
- Require a pre-surgical exam and blood work to check for problems and make sure patient is healthy
- All patients receive IV fluid support during surgery
- Have an experienced, dedicated “nurse” (registered or licensed veterinary technician) that remains with each patient during and after their surgery
- An experienced technician stands by to monitor patient’s vitals including pulse oximetry, temperature, EKG, and respiratory rate throughout the procedure
Before you take your pet home with you, we first go over post-surgical care instructions in detail to help you know what to expect. Additionally, we provide a detailed handout you can follow. In some cases, we also send pets home with an E-collar to prevent them from biting or chewing at their incision site. We encourage you to call our hospital if any issues arise during your pet’s recovery since this can be a challenging time for you and your pet.
Pet Surgery Services in White House, TN
If you need to consult with your veterinarian about scheduling surgery for your pet or have questions regarding your pet’s recovery, call us today at (615) 672-4200 or fill out our Make an Appointment form to Make an Appointment with Orchard Park Animal Hospital.